Saturday 10 August 2013

Refrigerator Cleanup - Yes, that does say "Blapricot"





























Ok folks.  Time for some honesty.  I am horrendously awful at eating all my produce before it goes bad.  I don't think I buy too much for our small family - I think we're just really bad at making eating our veg a priority.

So thankfully I have developed an interest in canning.  What you're seeing is the result of one crazy night of making sure all the produce we almost wasted was mostly used up in jams, jellies and other delicious items.

Here's what I came up with (stay tuned for a few recipes in posts to follow):

  • Ginger Syrup
  • Honey Lemon Marmalade from Food in Jars
  • Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
  • Blapricot Peppercorn Sauce
  • Blapricot Lime Jelly
  • Pickled Carrots (not in picture) from Food in Jars
What's a Blapricot, you ask?  Essentially it's an apricot that was crossed with a plum.  The package said "Black Velvet Apricots" but that's a bit wordy and hoity-toity for our house.  We spontaneously started calling them Blapricots and it just kind of stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment